How to Place a GIL Express Request
GIL Express requests must be placed online through the Primo Online Public Access Catalog (OPAC).
1. Go to gil.asurams.edu
2. At the top right corner, click “Sign In”
3. Select ASU Students, Faculty & Staff
4. Sign in with your ASU Credentials
5. When rerouted to OPAC homepage, click the down arrow next to the search box where it says “Albany State University”. Choose “University System of Georgia”.
6. Enter your keywords in the search box (i.e. title, author, ISBN, etc.).
7. When the book you are requesting is located, select “Get it”.
8. Select “More Libraries”
9. Select the institution to which the request will be made.
10. Next to request options, select “Request”.
11. Change the pickup institution to the correct location (Albany State University).
12. Change the pickup library to the correct library (JPML or HBW).
13. Click “Request”.
For assistance, please contact the James Pendergrast Memorial Library at 229/430-4805 or at email@example.com or contact the Harold B. Wetherbee LIbrary at 229/317-6766.
GIL Express is a service being offered at all libraries within the University System of Georgia (USG). The service is an innovative resource sharing initiative that allows students, faculty and staff access to all eligible circulating material at all USG libraries. GIL Express is available to all eligible patrons through an on site (walk up) service.
All currently enrolled students and currently employed faculty and staff who are in good standing at their Home Library are eligible to use GIL Express.
Loan Period: All GIL Express material has a 28-day loan period for all patrons. Two online renewals are allowed unless the material has been recalled.
GIL Universal Catalog vs. Other Catalogs
GIL = James Pendergrast Memorial Library's Catalog
GIL Universal Catalog = 35 University System of Georgia academic libraries' catalog
WorldCat= Over 10,000 libraries worldwide (academic, public, etc.)